From one momma to another, I hope you have a wonderful day next weekend. And if you are either trying to give your hubs ideas on what to get you, or if you are trying to figure out what to get your mom, mother-in-law or a special momma in your life, I have a list of ideas to help!
TEN (ISH) GIFT IDEAS FOR MOTHER’S DAY SHE WILL LOVE!
- Gift card to her favorite store. Seriously, what woman does not want to shop for something for herself? She is usually buying for everyone else in her life. My favorite store is Evereve.
- If the momma you are buying for loves makeup, how about sending her to Younique? I have to say that their mascara is the latest trend and it is amazing. I have problems finding mascara that doesn’t irritate my skin and this company strives to provide healthy, clean, and pure cosmetics. Contact my sweet friend, Tasha, and she will help you find what you are looking for. You will love her.
- Spa Day. Enough said.
- Skincare Products. Rodan + Fields offers some amazing skincare products and I happen to know a fabulous momma who sells them!
- Hair and Makeup Services. Courtney Mathias Salon does a wonderful job of helping you to feel beautiful. Courtney is not only one of the sweetest people you will ever meet but she is a great listener and strives to give you the look you want.
- What about taking a beautiful picture she would love and printing and framing it for her? If you already have the digital image, send it to mpix.com.
- Jo Malone has some amazing colognes – what momma doesn’t want to smell good? My favorite is nectarine blossom and honey. Fragrances are hard to buy for others so you could give her a gift card or send her to Nordstroms to try samples and pick her favorite!
- Chocolate croissants from Williams and Sonoma. These are to die for. Really.
- Give her the gift of health with Beachbody fitness, coaching, meal planning and shakes. I know just the person who can help you with this gift. She is uplifting, encouraging and has such a positive outlook on life. Contact Cherie who is a Team Beachbody Coach!!
- I know that champagne is usually reserved for special celebrations but how about celebrating your mom if she loves champagne? And okay, this isn’t really champagne because it is made in the U.S. but Schramsberg is amazing. And if you ever have a chance to visit them in Napa, I highly recommend you schedule a tasting. Yum. Ohhh, if you want to splurge, a trip to Napa for mommas is a great idea too! 😉
- Dinner out! A night where mom does not have to cook – I guarantee she will love it! How about a gift certificate to her favorite restaurant? OR, you could simply surprise her and take her out. I pretty much love all food but some of my favorites locally that maybe your favorite mom would love are Adelle’s in Wheaton, Catch 35 in Naperville, Suzette’s Creperie in Wheaton, and Chez Joel and Bistro Zinc in Chicago just to name a few.
- Customized Gifts. Allison Honaker Designs makes custom signs, furniture, and much more. If you have something in mind but don’t want to create it yourself, give Allison a call!
- Norwex. Norwex sells green cleaning products (you can even get the kiddos to help!!) as well as a number of other amazing products. I have the wool dryer balls, the microfiber cloths, the window cloth (this is amazing) and the the towels which are the softest towels you will ever own. My friend Brooke sells Norwex and is one of my favorite people and was the first to get in front of my camera for a momma session.
- Photo shoot. I have to mention this because whether this is with me or with another photographer, mommas are our memory keepers and a photo shoot just for her, for her and the kiddos, for her and her best friend, for her and her family……you simply can’t go wrong. Photos are passed down through generations for everyone to cherish.
And I am going to end this with a picture of my beautiful mom. She is also known as super woman, the best cook in the world (as said by my girls), an amazing listener, and one of the most thoughtful and sweetest people you will ever meet. Happy Mother’s Day, Mom! 🙂